Careers & Internships
2023 Summer Internship
Internship will begin Monday, May 15th and conclude by Friday, August 4th. We will have up to 3 positions available (Non-housing positions)
Days & Times:
Monday-Friday: 9:00am-12:45pm (Additional hours available)
Saturday: 9:00am-11:30am (optional)
Hours: 25-30 hours per week including staff meetings; more hours are available upon request (coaching hours are flexible).
Expectations of the Intern:
The intern is expected to be highly motivated and have a strong willingness to learn. Our interns can expect weekly discussions, learning assignments, and evaluations by the Strength and Conditioning staff. The following set of guidelines must be followed at all times and will be expanded upon further during orientation:
- Expected to work from start date to end date of the internship.
- Expected to report to intern/staff meeting 1-2x weekly (days/times to be decided).
- All applicants must be capable of demonstrating and instructing a diverse range of movements and exercises at a high level. This may include but is not limited to: linear acceleration and top speed sprinting, change of direction and agility, and a wide-range of weight room movements.
- All applicants must be able to life at least 100 lbs. to the hip and 50 lbs. overhead.
- All applicants must be currently training themselves, and will be expected to participate in staff-lifts when available and complete 4.40 Performance programming.
- Respect for all members of the 4.40 Performance staff, our student-athletes, and all clients.
- Maintain a professional relationship with staff, athletes, parents, & coaches.
- Understand that all actions and verbal communications are a reflection of 4.40 Performance and thus are expected to be professional & respectful.
- Be on time for all scheduled hours (all staff are expected to arrive no later than 30 minutes before the start of the training day).
- Complete all readings and assignments in a timely and concise manner.
- Be able to give and receive constructive feedback and engage in learning environment daily.
- Ask questions where applicable and be able to explain learned concepts.
- Maintain a positive attitude and bring energy & motivation to each session.
- Conduct training sessions including dynamic warm-up, plyometric drills, multi-direction speed & agility drills, power development, and strength training.
- Complete final project and presentation at the conclusion of the term.
As an intern at 4.40 Performance, you can expect an immersive, hands-on experience covering many areas of Strength and Conditioning. Interns will, with the help of 4.40 Performance staff, complete a 12-week curriculum outlined to cover topics such as but not limited to:
- Pre-Performance Testing
- Scope of Practice
- The Art of Coaching
- Posture and Biomechanics
- Movement Education & Evaluation
- Fundamental Concepts of Anatomy and Physiology as they Pertain to Sports Performance
- Foundational Concepts of Programming
- Plyometrics & Linear and Lateral Speed Development
- Resume Building and Portfolio Development
- Must be attending a 4-year university and have completed at least 2-years of coursework towards your degree.
- Must be majoring in or have majored in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Strength & Conditioning, Athletic Training, and/or related field.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Previous or current athletes are highly preferred.
Deadline: May 9th
Please submit your application along with your cover letter & resume to email@example.com